in this building from March 7, 1909
ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATIONS !
Nelson United Church , as we know it today, was first built in 1908/09 as Trinity Methodist,
replacing a wooden structure at Josephine and Silica.
Two fires, in 1915 and 1967 (when only the choir gowns survived both), tested the resolve of the congregations
but each time they rebuilt and improved the structure.
The United Church of Canada was formed in 1925.
Trinity Methodist and St. Paul's Presbyterian became United Churches.
In 1955, they amalgamated into Trinity-St. Paul's United. A new congregation, Fairview United was created.
These two congregations subsequently amalgamated in 1995 to form Nelson United Church.
Celebrating our History...