- Prayer List: We maintain a list of people for whom we wish to pray during our Sunday morning worship. If you would like prayers on behalf of yourself or a loved one, names can be added to the list by contacting the church office or by standing up and letting the prayer writers know on Sunday morning. Please note that we require permission from the person for whom we are praying.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry: Over 240 hand knitted or crocheted prayer shawls have been lovingly created by members of the Prayer Shawl Group. The shawls have been given to those who seek a ‘warm hug filled with God’s love’ in times of illness or duress or challenge. Send a note to the church (contact email) if you’d like to join as a knitter or if you know of someone in need of the warm embrace of a prayer shawl.
- Spiritual Care: While our minister is not a mental health counsellor, he is experienced in spiritual discernment and conversation.
Are you looking for a liberal, thoughtful, progressive, and justice-minded group of people with whom to worship, learn and give back to the world? At Nelson United Church, we have a commitment to Christian education and spiritual formation. Below are some of the programs that we offer regularly; others come up from time to time. There are additional opportunities for family events and other learning opportunities throughout the year.
- Book Study Groups.
- Meditation: The 2nd and 4th Sunday evenings at 7:30 pm.
- Theology & Bible Studies: Two or three times a year, we use a DVD study resource from Living the Questions or other programs, and also engage in bible study.
- Lenten Studies: During the 6 weeks of Lent, we offer a spiritual & justice-based study.
- Intentional Living: This group meets on a mutually convenient Monday evening for intentional sharing about our lives, for deep listening, all around themes that arise from our every-day lives.
- Family Events around Advent, Lent, Easter or other times of the year.
Watch our calendar and announcements for dates and places.